Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Writer's Workshop In Full Swing

One of my favorite times of the day is the block after lunch reserved for writing.  There is a hum in the room. . .I hear pencils scratching, children discussing their writing with their writing partners, and others sounding out words syllable-by-syllable, and papers shuffling.  I see some writers thinking deeply about what craft move to try next in their writing or what changes they need to make in their writing to clarify their message.  I feel the pride the children have in themselves as they notice the improvements in their writing.

Earlier this week my students compared their baseline small moment stories (the ones they wrote the first day of school) with the stories they are writing today.  They were so proud of themselves as they each pointed out areas of improvement.  Here are some photos of my first graders working hard.  They didn't even know I was taking their pictures.





















No comments:

Post a Comment