Monday, October 12, 2015

At The Lake!

Usually I don't post anything personal on my blog but, after four years of blogging,  I am going to make an exception.  My husband and I purchased a four season home on a lake here in Maine last month.  It is a fairly new log home and garage on three acres on a very clean medium-sized lake. Because I teach first grade, I have about nine weeks in the summer to myself.  Since my husband only needs internet for his job, we can maximize the time we spend at the lake house, which is only one hour from our home.

One of the benefits of the lake house (besides all of the rest and relaxation and extra time with my children that I am enjoying) is time to think about what I might try in school to increase the learning of my students.  It's amazing how all the fresh air, long walks, hearty breakfasts, and relaxation contributes to the time I spend thinking.

So, here is a picture of our view.


No comments:

Post a Comment