Saturday, October 31, 2015

Surprise! Pumpkin Pancakes on Halloween!

Every year my husband and I have a surprise pumpkin pancake Halloween breakfast for my first graders.  I am not sure how much longer we can keep the surprise up. . .it's becoming quite popular and one of these days the second graders in my school are going to let the black cat out of the bag and tell one of my first graders about the surprise!

Here is the pumpkin pancake flipper. 
And the pancakes:  You will notice that the pumpkin pancake flipper is still wearing shorts, even though it is the end of October in Maine. 
And a healthy fruit snack sent in by one of the grandparents of my students:
There were four stations: a reading Halloween books station, a puzzle station, an eating pancakes station, and a craft station.  Here are pictures from each station.

These first graders are reading Halloween books:
Here are some pictures of the puzzle makers:


The pumpkin pancake eaters:


And first graders making Halloween crafts:


Everyone had a wonderful time.  Thank you to all parents for keeping this a secret, and a special thank you to the grandparent who sent in the goodies and also volunteered at the craft station!

No comments:

Post a Comment