Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Another DonorsChoose.org Project Funded!


It only took three days for my latest DonorsChoose.org project to be funded!  I wrote for non-fiction guided reading books published by Pioneer Valley Books from Northampton, Massachusetts.  I was fortunate to secure a dollar-for-dollar match promotion from DonorsChoose.org, which means that for the first seven days that my project was live, every dollar donated was matched by Disney.  I received donations from the parents of my students as well as some family members.

This project marks the fourteenth project that I have had funded by DonorsChoose.org. In the past, I have written for my classroom whiteboard, easel, bulletin boards, countless books across all genres, bean bags, tables, plastic magnetic letters and a host of other materials.  My project total for the fourteen projects is $7,773.  This means that my classroom, school, and district now has $7,773.00 in materials that they would not have had if I hadn't received financial support from my friends, family, and the parents of my students through the years.  I was one of the first teachers in Maine to have a project funded - my first project was funded on October 21, 2008!  DonorsChoose.org was founded in 2000 but was not available in Maine schools until 2008.

Very coincidentally, yesterday I received an email from DonorsChoose.org offering me the opportunity to be a Teacher Spokesperson for 2016.  It read, "as one of our most knowledgeable and experienced teachers we would like to offer you the opportunity to be a Teacher Spokesperson for DonorsChoose.org."  After all DonorsChoose.org has done for my students, how could I say no?  


No comments:

Post a Comment