Saturday, September 16, 2017

Open House

Every year we have an Open House a couple of weeks after school starts.  Here are some pictures of my room before the families arrived for Open House.
All of my students signed a letter to their families welcoming them to the Open House.

This is the bulletin board outside my room. There was a picture of each student.  The writing below the picture tells a bit about each student.  Parents returned a form that gave me information about their child's reading habits, and they also returned a form that told me how their child received their name.  I also interviewed each child.  From these data sources, I was able to write a short bibliography about each child.

This is Knuffle Bunny, a character in books by the same name, asking parents to sign up to volunteer.

Here are Elephant and Piggy, also Mo Willems characters, supervising the papers that each student used to give their parents a tour of the classroom.

Here is a long shot of some of the books we've read.

In this photo, you can see one of the class books we've made this year about our names.

Here is Clifford, The Big Red Dog, and the Pigeon,  showing off our Everyday Math in school journals.

We also have a Handwriting curriculum that Curious George showed off. 
 Fifteen families came to visit our Open House.  I have seventeen students, so 15/17 is a great turn out!  Thank you to all of the families who took time to come and visit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment