Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Dike Newell School Facelift

I have been happily anticipating new windows in my classroom's wing since we received an email stating they would be installed earlier this year.  Today I had a bunch of errands to run so I spun by my school, which is only a five minute drive from my house,  to see if the window project had started yet.  The construction people had been there for three weeks! Not only are we getting new windows, but all of the outside walls in my wing are being replaced.

I spoke for a few minutes with a couple of the crew members, who could not have been nicer, about what was going on.  I learned that this project will go down to the wire, meaning that they will be working right up until when school starts.   That was good to know so that I can better plan the rest of my summer vacation.  Here are some pictures.
This view is looking from the outside of a kindergarten classroom to the inside.
Here is a kindergarten classroom view from the inside to the outside. 
When I stopped by today, this is where they were working.
The outside of the back wing looks like it is finished. 
The cafeteria is the staging area. 
The entire wall is missing from this classroom.  They are working on it today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment