Saturday, April 26, 2014

Top 10 So Far In 2013/2014

This Year’s Top Ten So Far
10. Watching a 15 minute video clip of myself teaching.  I saw one of the small group of 4 students I was filming fall out of her chair.  Never even noticed it while I was actually teaching the lesson.
9. Learning that there is consideration being given to returning to a K-5 model at Dike Newell.
8. Receiving a $700.00 donation from a family for books for my students.
7. Seeing the flowers in the garden bloom. Each student at Dike Newell planted a bulb.  They are now blooming and they are beautiful.
6.The January 2 and 3 snow days.
5. Receiving an enormous donation for non-fiction books and CDs. TYD.
4. Being called, “Mom,” instead of “Mrs. Henrikson” almost every day by a student who usually doesn’t notice his mistake and I never correct him.
 3. Thinking about how nice it would be to have a rabbit for a class pet. And then thinking how nice it is to not have a rabbit for a class pet.
2.  Remembering the comment, “Mrs. Henrikson, this whiteboard marker doesn’t work.  It only writes numbers.  If I write letters, it won’t work.”
1. Catching up with a student I had last year when she stops in my classroom on her way from the bus to her second grade classroom every single morning this year.     


No comments:

Post a Comment