Sunday, May 19, 2013

Granted, It's Been a Good Year!

This year one of my goals was to acquire new materials for the classroom, particularly in the area of technology.   Although I have posted here and there throughout the year about what we have received, I thought a comprehensive post summarizing the year is in order.

iPads:  I wrote two grants to Donorschoose and one to the RSU 1 Educational Foundation.  We received three iPads and cases worth about $1600.00 total.

Interactive Whiteboards:  I wrote a grant to the Davenport Foundation for three interactive whiteboards valued at about $2500.00.   I distributed two of the interactive whiteboards to two teachers on my first grade team.   Two weeks ago the trustees from Davenport visited our classroom to watch us interact with them during a lesson.  I even managed to get the Trustees involved and had them share the interactive pen while they watched our lesson.

Deluxe Easel: In late September, I wrote a grant for a wonderful easel that we have been using all year in my classroom.  It is valued at about $400.00, has an attached magnetic whiteboard and four plastic containers to hold appropriate materials. It is so handy.

National Board Certification:  I wrote to the state of Maine and received $2500.00 so that I could pursue national board certification.

That totals $7000.00 in grants this year.  



No comments:

Post a Comment