Saturday, December 3, 2011

My DonorsChoose Grant Was Filled!

Late last week I received an email from DonorsChoose.org stating that my latest project "Moving On Up," was filled.  DonorsChoose is a website that offers public school teachers the opportunity to write a proposal for a project that supports their public school classroom.   People from all around the world visit the website and choose a project to support by making a financial contribution.  If enough people pledge enough money for your project, it becomes reality.  

My latest project was for $280.00 and included materials to support our first grade curriculum here at Dike Newell.  As many of you know, after eleven years in kindergarten I moved classrooms and grade levels this past summer.   I wrote a project to support materials that I need for first grade and some bulletin boards for my new classroom.  All of these materials will be shipped the first week of 2012.  In the past four years, I have written eight grants and received materials totaling over $3500.00! 

On Friday morning, I used our projector to show my students the DonorsChoose website and read the actual on line project to them.  They are excited for their new materials to come next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment